So it has been a crazy week.. and a few days! Here are some things that have happened!
- Well last Monday we had a farewell party for Sebastian (our old mission leader's son).
- Tuesday we were able to help lots of members, and actually they ended up helping us a lot! All the Hermanas in the capital had to stay the night together, and one member family offered to drive us to the house so that we didn't have to take the bus late at night!
- Wednesday we woke up SUPER early (at ) to take a bus to Chiquimula for our Conference for Sisters! It was a LONG trip! But the conference went great! We were in charge of basically all of it, so we were relieved when it was all over :) And then we had the whole trip back to sleep… except that I had forgotten how draining the heat is outside the capital! But we ended up getting to our house at . It was a long day!
- Thursday we found a young lady named Gabriela. She is awesome! And in the first lesson accepted a baptismal date! She is very open to learn more, and we are very excited to keep teaching her! She is the real deal because she is on a water polo team! How often do you meet people that play water polo in Guatemala?! ...yeah that was random!
- Friday we had divisions with some sisters in their area and it always makes me appreciate my area a little more when we go to other areas! :) And actually we spent almost 2 hours in the evening deep cleaning their bathroom… That was super eventful!
- Saturday we went to visit Byron and Ana Maria and we were talking with them about having a goal for their baptism, and Byron accepted a date! And well we are still working on Ana Maria! But after the lesson they gave us a huge bowl of fruit! That made us super happy because we have been focusing a lot on the Word of Wisdom with them because Byron has a lot of health problems.. but it looks like it is starting to work! :) We were also able to visit with an Hermana named Delia. She is actually a member but hasn't gone to church in some time. She is super sweet, but everyone in her family is Catholic, so she has a hard time. But in that lesson I felt so much love for her. One of the things I love about being a missionary is that there are some people that God just helps you love so quickly! I am sure it happens with normal people as well, but I have sure seen it here on the mission!
- Sunday was CRAZY! In the morning the members that normally pass by to pick up Byron and Ana Maria had car troubles, so we started calling everyone to see who could take them! We finally got a hold of someone, and well he came by to pick them up, but then as we were leaving his car almost didn't make it up the hill! I was freaking out inside thinking we were going to die! But, as you can tell, we didn't die :) But we did have to attempt to get up the hill a few times! And the other miracle was the Grijalva family (except the mom) came to church! That sure made my whole day!! We were so very happy! They are sure making lots of progress!
- Monday we visited Byron and Ana Maria and they opened up a lot. They told us about their past, some more of their problems, and it ended up being a great lesson. And then after we went with some less actives that said that we had passed by at the perfect moment. And they kept telling us that they wanted us to stay longer with them! And well we were also able to find Wendy. She is going through some rough times, but we were able to talk a little with her, and we sure hope that everything smooths out. And then we had Family Home Evening with the Grijalva family, and we were able to talk to them about Priorities (thanks Adam for the idea*).
- Tuesday we visited some less actives, and some members, and it ended up being a great day! We were able to visit the grandmother of one of the members, and it was to good to be able to brighten her day a little. It sure makes me sad to see older folk all sad and lonely… But on the bright side the sun was shinning so much that I got burnt! But I was sure happy to have a sunny day!
- And well we had a conference for all the missionaries in the world! It was superb! They changed a few things with our schedule, and also with the dates that we report. It is a little different, but I am sure it will make things better!
Ponderizing: Luke 5:31-32
Well sure do love you all!!!
*The idea was to teach about putting the most important things first in life through an object lesson. I (Adam) used eggs to represent what should be our highest priorities (making and keeping covenants/commandments) and sugar to represent the other daily things, as well as riches. See Jacob 2:18-19