Keep in Touch!

1. Send her an email, Her address is: amy.garrett@myldsmail.net
2. Send her a single-page letter, following these directions:
Fold the bottom of the paper one-third of the way up the page and crease. Fold the top of the letter to the bottom of the first fold and crease. Secure the long side with two pieces of tape about 1 inch from the end, but do not seal the ends. Write your name and complete return address in the top left corner. Put on a US. stamp in the top right corner. In the middle write the address below:

Sister Amy Lee Garrett
Guatemala Guatemala City East Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150
3. Send her a package. The main mission office address is:

Sister Amy Lee Garrett
Guatemala Guatemala City East Mission
Avenida La Reforma 8-60, Zona 9
Edificio Galerias Reforma
5to Nivel Oficina 505, Guatemala City
Guatemala

If you are using a private courier, you will need the mission home phone number which is 502 2362-7887.

Also, it is recommended to use a padded envelope for protection and put pictures of the Savior on the outside.

Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 60

HOLAAAA!!!

Well this week was super crazy! Basically my companion finished her mission, so we were running all around! She had her final interview and we went out to eat with the mission President's wife. That was pretty great! :) Then on Wednesday a family invited us to eat PANDA EXPRESS!!! It was so wonderful! Then on Thursday I went with Hermana Kioa to the airport... at 4am. That was pretty sad to see her go. And since then we have been in a trio. We have actually had some pretty neat moments this week, here are a few:

-On Wednesday with Hermana Kioa we were walking, and she stopped me and was like let's go help that Hermana (who was moving a huge mattress). So we went over and helped her and ended up being able to help her move all of her things and organize them in her house. And afterwards she was super receptive! We ended up having a lesson with her, and we are going to go back and visit her this week.

-So on Thursday I was able to work with some of the members of the ward (because I didn't have a companion) And well it went super well! And when I was with Alejandra, my new best friend in the ward :) She is 19 and is getting her papers ready to go on a mission. So, in the evening she had a prompting to go visit a less active, so we went and it was such a great lesson, and the less active was like well I want to start going to church again!! So we are going to work with her this week! We will see if she goes to church! Her name is Cristina.

-Then last night we were in Acatan (the area of the other Hermanas) and we were knocking doors and knocked on the door of a man named Erick. He was nice but was like sorry my wife is asleep and so you can't come in... So we were like, okay, we will come back another day... well we kept walking and we were around the corner when a little girl stops us and asks if we were the ones who knocked on the blue house, we said yes, and she said that her dad (Erick) had woken up his wife, and that he wanted us to come back and visit them. So we went, and ended up having a wonderful lesson!! Too bad they aren't in my area! :) 

Well this week in our reunión de distrito we talked about the blessing of having prophets and apostles. I really am so very grateful for Thomas S. Monson. I know that he is a prophet of God. And we were talking about how important it is that other people understand that in our church we really do believe that God still communicates with His children on the Earth through prophets. I hadn't ever thought what it would be like to think that God had just left us here... or that He didn't think we were important or worthy enough to have a prophet... That would be so sad. But I know that God loves us. That is why we have a porphet.

Ponderizing: 3 Nephi 27:13 I love this verse. Here it is in English and Spanish :)

13 Behold I have given unto you my gospel, and this is the gospel which I have given unto you—that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me.
13 He aquí, os he dado mi evangelio, y este es el evangelio que os he dado: que vine al mundo a cumplir la voluntad de mi Padre, porque mi Padre me envió.

Love you all!!! Next week I will send pictures of my new comp! 
-Hermana Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment