Keep in Touch!

1. Send her an email, Her address is: amy.garrett@myldsmail.net
2. Send her a single-page letter, following these directions:
Fold the bottom of the paper one-third of the way up the page and crease. Fold the top of the letter to the bottom of the first fold and crease. Secure the long side with two pieces of tape about 1 inch from the end, but do not seal the ends. Write your name and complete return address in the top left corner. Put on a US. stamp in the top right corner. In the middle write the address below:

Sister Amy Lee Garrett
Guatemala Guatemala City East Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150
3. Send her a package. The main mission office address is:

Sister Amy Lee Garrett
Guatemala Guatemala City East Mission
Avenida La Reforma 8-60, Zona 9
Edificio Galerias Reforma
5to Nivel Oficina 505, Guatemala City
Guatemala

If you are using a private courier, you will need the mission home phone number which is 502 2362-7887.

Also, it is recommended to use a padded envelope for protection and put pictures of the Savior on the outside.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 52

HOLA!!!

So this week went by super fast! 
-I have now been here for a year! 

-We celebrated the dia de independencia (Independence Day), 15 de septiembre! but here they don't do much, just have a few parades! 

-We have been visiting some less active sisters, and Sunday THEY CAME!!! It was so great. We had plans to go and visit them this week, and I was trying to think of what we could share with them, when I opened my Ensign to the talk It Works Wonderfully! by Elder Uchtdorf. We shared that AND it was perfect.

-We found some people that were from New Jersey! (Shoutout to Hermana Pace!!) They had an accent and it made me super happy.

-So I am starting to put pictures in my Spanish scriptures to help me find stories, scriptures, etc, (because as you all know my memory is terrible! haha) And well I had found a picture of a sealing room, and it was just so pretty that I wanted to put it somewhere. So I started to look for a scripture, but gave up. But the next day in studies I felt like I had to find a scripture for it. So I started to look, until I found one in Matt. 16. And well that night we had a lesson with a member and some old investigators of the Elders, and the Hermana Darlyn is super great. And the member that went with us out of nowhere started to share about how her family got sealed, and Darlyn was like, I have had that question for so long, but no one can give me proof in the bible of how it is possible, What is this whole sealing thing and how is it possible. :) I was able to quickly flip to the scripture, and she was like, hey that makes sense. It was a "Thanks Holy Ghost, that was awesome" moment!

-Other tender mercy was that we found Edgar's dad, (that alone was a miracle because we had passed by and they said he wasn't home, so we passed by a member's house just down the road, and ended up helping the daughter with her Personal Progress, and then as we passed by his house he rode up on his bike) and then we were able to talk to him, and just like that he gave permission for Edgar to get baptized! It was so great!!

Ponderizing Alma 5:33 I LOVE this. Found it this morning, and it really hit home. It doesn't matter how many times we make mistakes, HE ALWAYS has his arms open and will forgive us. Shouldn't we then be the same with those around us?

Love you all!
-Hermana Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment