Keep in Touch!

1. Send her an email, Her address is: amy.garrett@myldsmail.net
2. Send her a single-page letter, following these directions:
Fold the bottom of the paper one-third of the way up the page and crease. Fold the top of the letter to the bottom of the first fold and crease. Secure the long side with two pieces of tape about 1 inch from the end, but do not seal the ends. Write your name and complete return address in the top left corner. Put on a US. stamp in the top right corner. In the middle write the address below:

Sister Amy Lee Garrett
Guatemala Guatemala City East Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150
3. Send her a package. The main mission office address is:

Sister Amy Lee Garrett
Guatemala Guatemala City East Mission
Avenida La Reforma 8-60, Zona 9
Edificio Galerias Reforma
5to Nivel Oficina 505, Guatemala City
Guatemala

If you are using a private courier, you will need the mission home phone number which is 502 2362-7887.

Also, it is recommended to use a padded envelope for protection and put pictures of the Savior on the outside.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 17

Buenas!!

This week was a fun one! We went to the cap on Monday for a doctors appointment for my companion. She is fine, just has been having pain in her shoulder. She is doing better now. We ate McDonalds breakfast.. so it was a successful trip! :) I never like McDonalds before.. haha

We had an amazing zone meeting on Wednesday about changing the Culture around here. Not changing the culture like the customs, but changing us! We can always change. I loved that reminder. They really focused on the small and simple things that we can do to change. It is amazing how little things really can add up. So we have resolved to work on one thing a week, and it has really helped us re-focus! I highly encourage it! Just take one thing at a time!!

A few quick moments from this week:
-had a contact in English, it was so odd to talk to someone in English in the streets! haha

-We contacted a deaf kid, he was so nice, and now we see him EVERYWHERE and his dad was the driver of our bus this morning, and he used to live in Utah and Vegas! Small world. We had a good conversation! 

-Lets just say Spanish over the phone is so different.. that made for some interesting moments this week haha

-we made stuffing and potatoes... it was amazing. I almost cried.

-Hermana Mendoza and I are always thinking the same thing.. haha

-There were no clouds in the sky the other day and we got super burnt! In January! Who would have thought!

-We watched Meet the Mormons with our group, and it was so awesome! I understood most of it, but I don't know if that is just because I have in memorized in English orrrr I actually understand Spanish..let's just say it is a little of both! :)

-There is a blue tuk tuk driver here that is so nice! He will give us free rides around town sometimes, and it always seems to be when we are both needing it the most! Tender mercies!

-We met a new investigator in Quirigua! Her name is Lila. She is amazing, and has a true desire to change and do everything to live with God again. She has a baptismal date for Feb. 6.

After the doctors appointment, the doctor said that Hermana Mendoza should not carry much on her back. So we decided that I would just put all of her stuff in my bag! I was a little worried at first that the heat and the weight would catch up to me, but let me tell you, miracles happen. I know there is no way that I have been carrying that backpack on my own this week. I am so thankful. It has been an amazing week. 

Ponderizing: Alma 46:9: This is talking about Amalickiah. He was super bad. You might think it is a strange one to ponderize, but I think it is so important to remember that it only takes one. It takes one ¨negative Nancy¨ to ruin a fun day. We can always have a positive impact if we choose.

Love you all tons!
-Hermana Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment