Keep in Touch!

1. Send her an email, Her address is: amy.garrett@myldsmail.net
2. Send her a single-page letter, following these directions:
Fold the bottom of the paper one-third of the way up the page and crease. Fold the top of the letter to the bottom of the first fold and crease. Secure the long side with two pieces of tape about 1 inch from the end, but do not seal the ends. Write your name and complete return address in the top left corner. Put on a US. stamp in the top right corner. In the middle write the address below:

Sister Amy Lee Garrett
Guatemala Guatemala City East Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150
3. Send her a package. The main mission office address is:

Sister Amy Lee Garrett
Guatemala Guatemala City East Mission
Avenida La Reforma 8-60, Zona 9
Edificio Galerias Reforma
5to Nivel Oficina 505, Guatemala City
Guatemala

If you are using a private courier, you will need the mission home phone number which is 502 2362-7887.

Also, it is recommended to use a padded envelope for protection and put pictures of the Savior on the outside.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Week 1

Well everything that you told me about missions was right!! I´ll admit it! :)

So to start off, on the plane ride from Vegas to LA, I gave the man I was sitting by a Book of Mormon. He was from Sydney, Australia, and was so sweet! It was fantastic! Then when we got to the LA airport, there ended up being 40 other missionaries that were coming to the Guatemala City MTC as well! It was quite joyous.

My companion is the best! :) She reminds me of our cousin Heather Hansen! We get along so well!! We have 2 Latina roommates! They are my favorite! They don't speak much English, so we have become really good actresses! And we have learned a LOT from them!! They are both the only members in their families! Their faith and love for Christ and this gospel is so admirable.

It rains everyday and it is wonderful!! 

The food is amazing... although I have been super sick for the last 4 days.

Everyone that works here speaks Spanish, so sometimes it can be overwhelming and difficult to ask for help! Our teachers are wonderful! We have class basically all day! And 99% of the time they are in Spanish, which is good, but difficult!

We role play with our teacher as a companionship, and after the 3rd lesson he agreed to be baptized! It was wonderful even though it wasn't really real :)

Soooo on the 3rd day I was super stressed out about the language (more than normal) and then my companion said, well you were speaking Spanish last night while you were asleep! Apparently I said "No yo tengo, no yo tengo!" Which means I don't have... not sure what I was dreaming about!! :) And then the next night my dream was all in Spanish! I woke up so freaked out and drenched in sweat! NO BUENO!!! 

Well I sure love you all!! My preparation day is on Tuesday next week! Let me know if you have any questions!!

-Hermana Garrett :)

No comments:

Post a Comment